Dental implants offer patients the next best option to the real thing when needing to replace a missing tooth. Dental implants are strong, stable, and natural-looking in appearance and work to restore a lost tooth so that it functions, feels, and fits just like normal. Compared to other options, such as bridges or dentures, dental implants are the best choice as they don’t interfere with your ability to eat, speak, smile, laugh, or perform other daily activities.
Dental implants can help you enjoy life without worrying about the state of your smile. With advanced dental implant technology, Dr. Reece uses at Advanced Dentistry of Kearney, you’ll no longer feel compelled to stay home or feel self-conscious while out in public worrying that your smile looks different. You certainly won’t have the worries that come with removable dentures or dental bridges becoming loose or even falling out when you talk, laugh, or eat.
According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, dental implants are artificial tooth roots placed in your jawbone to bond with your natural bone. They become a sturdy base for supporting one or more artificial teeth, called crowns. A connector, known as an abutment, is placed on the top of the dental implant to hold and support your crowns. The crowns are custom-made to match your natural teeth and fit your mouth.
Dental implants offer several benefits to patients, including
- They are the strongest devices available to support replacement teeth.
- They allow new teeth to feel, look, and function naturally.
- They are the only dental restoration option that preserves natural bone, actually helping to stimulate bone growth.
- They are a long-term solution for replacing missing teeth. You don’t have to deal with uncomfortable dentures or have your good tooth structure removed to make a bridge.
- They allow you to live the way you want to–confidently eating, smiling, laughing, talking, kissing, and enjoying all of your everyday activities–without worrying about your teeth.
If you are interested in dental implants to restore your beautiful smile, call Advanced Dentistry of Kearney at (308) 237-1311 to set up a consultation.